Hipster farmers and food truck owners

May 11, 2012 | By | Comments (6)

When I heard that small organic farmers Elizabeth Miller and Chris Jenkins of Minto Island Growers decided to throw a food cart into the mix, I couldn’t help myself, I thought: How very Portland.

Except I was wrong. They’re in Salem, and this is an unheard of level of cool for the area. So then I thought, why should PDX, just an hour north, get the monopoly on food trucks?

Death by peach milkshake

COMMENTS

1. The new purple tomato: To grow or not to grow – Westphoria | A blog by Sunset

[...] friends in Salem, Oregon at Minto Island Growers (our favorite farmers, of food truck fame) are growing a field of them. Stunning. The actual leaves are darker purple. And the fruit… [...]

September 11, 2012 at 4:01 am
  2. Johanna Silver

Oh gosh… now you’re making me dig deep! Can’t remember the exit, but directions are here: http://www.mintogrowers.com/contact-visit/. You can also just call the farm stand and ask: (503) 931-6840

August 14, 2012 at 10:07 am
    • Fatima

No worries…we’ll use the gps. Thanks so much!

August 14, 2012 at 10:08 am
  3. Johanna Silver

You can find it at the farm. Here are details: http://www.mintogrowers.com/farm-stand/ Tell them we sent you!

August 14, 2012 at 9:49 am
    • Fatima

How far off i5 and what exit. Thanks so much. We will tell them you sent us!

August 14, 2012 at 10:00 am
  4. Fatima

We want to have lunch at the food cart today…does it travel or can we find it at the farm?

August 14, 2012 at 9:48 am