Let’s just cut right to it–that wall! That tile! Those fabrics! I’m a material girl, I guess, and these projects in progress are hitting all my buttons. Let’s take a closer look.
1. Whoa, I love this wall. I’m not sure how San Francisco designer Nicole Hollis did it–different wood species? different stains?–but this one is going straight into my inspiration file. See it in person by booking a room at The Buchanan Hotel in SF.
2. Topanga Canyon might be the coolest place in California. This is designer Mason St. Peter‘s home there (he’s also the guy behind The General Store in San Francisco and the home in the top image). His cabin-meets-contemporary style is pretty much my dream come true.
3. Gold + green + pink = luxe. I adore any color combo L.A. designer Frances Merrill pulls together. (See what I mean in this colonial home she updated.) She works magic and this palette is no different: rich, organic, and so fresh.
4. Orlando Soria is remodeling his condo and I’ve been following along for weeks. Almost every day he posts a progress shot with another awesome idea, including this overscale basket weave tile configuration. It’s so good. (P.S. If you love Orlando as much as I do, make sure to grab our September issue in about a month. I promise you’ll love what’s inside.)
5. This sketch is a peek behind the curtain of Seattle sustainable architecture firm Build‘s roof design process and a reminder to me of the incredible amount of imagination, skill, and knowledge that goes into every part of a project.
Like these posts? See the archives:
An insane garage, cool chairs, and sneak peeks
Makeovers, dream bedrooms, and killer rugs
New fabric, black and white tile, crazy good pillows