Genius Sierra A-frame for Escapists

September 7, 2012 | By | Comments (7)

Photographs courtesy of Boutique-Homes.com

One tiny house; 20 acres of Sierra wilderness. The architectural ratio of square footage to square acreage in this spot less than 20 miles from Yosemite skews wholly West—house as an extension of its environment. Here, it’s a modern take on an A-frame log cabin (from $250/night), surrounded by Momma Nature’s finest: grassy green meadows, crowd-free swimming holes, and choose-your-own-adventure hiking trails.

An A-Frame cabin in Yosemite

Sure, you can camp in the park. But why not abandon the sleep sack for a weekend and embrace indoor plumbing in your own private Yosemite?

Bonus: You can still doze off under the stars, which can be seen from the 16-foot skylights stretching above the sleeping loft.

High Sierras A-frame

A-frame cabin in the High Sierras

A-frame cabin in the High Sierras

A-frame cabin in the High Sierras

A-frame cabin in the High Sierras

COMMENTS

1. pierre saenz

An amazing place of beauty. I have been traveling to the surrounding area for over twenty three years……never have I seen such a lust forest. Walking and hiking this property kept me gasping for more. At every turn nature at its finest. So much history near-by; Indian sites, fishing creeks and lakes, back door trails to Yosemite, secret swim holes along Upper Chiquito Creek, views of amazing mountains peaks. Historic Jones Store near by; a walk back in history. A must for camera freaks like me. Hot water and showers…..camp hosts….campfire wood cut and stacked for you, well thought out living. Peaceful rest. Can’t wait to return. I can’t say enough about this place. If you like star gazing …bring your telescope, zero light pollution. Just leaning back in a chair and looking up.. priceless. Bring a mountain bike for sure. Oh ya, bring a coat some cool mornings. Peace and quiet. Book time. Need I say more? Only one thing…..need to stay longer.

July 7, 2013 at 7:27 am
  2. Scott Steinfeldt

Beautiful place! reading a previous comment, does it have Solar energy?

February 1, 2013 at 11:23 am
  3. Heather from Poppy Haus

I have this modern A-frame on my list of places to stay. We have two young boys and vacation for us means wide open spaces to make noise and be in nature. I think it would also be lovely in the winter.

September 12, 2012 at 7:24 pm
    • Aislyn Greene

It would be gorgeous in winter! Snow outside, fire and cocoa inside…can’t beat that.

September 13, 2012 at 8:08 am
  4. solarpan

“Solar Power not only reduces greenhouse emissions and provides a renewable energy source. But lowers the cost of your energy bills.”

solar power quotes

September 12, 2012 at 7:48 am
  5. Linda Webber

How can I get a floorplan of this A-frame? I love it!!!

September 11, 2012 at 11:11 am
  6. A-frame House

awesome a frame house, nothing like the one I have in phoenix that is surrounded by cacti and flat ranch houses. An a-frame belongs in the woods…. beautiful house though.

September 7, 2012 at 9:57 pm